- About us
- Adoption In Taiwan
- Reunion Service
- The Protection of Children and Youths Welfare and Rights Act
- Civil Code
- Family Act
- Household Registration Act
- Enforcement Rules of the Household Registration Act
- Permit and Management Regulations for Children and Youth Adoption Service Providers
- Information Management and Regulations of Child and Juvenile Adoption
- Regulations Governing Visiting, Residency, and Permanent Residency of Aliens
- Act for Implementation of J.Y. Interpretation No.748
It is stated in Children and Youth Welfare Act, which was promulgated in May, 2003 that “The central government authority shall establish or empower the children and youth welfare institutions to establish a center of adoption databank by keeping the files on the identities and health of adopting parties, adopters, and children and youth to be adopted.
The central authority, Social and Family Affairs Administration, ministry of health and welfare, therefore invited tenders and designated Child Welfare League Foundation to establish and operate the Center. The staff includes director, social workers, information designers, external counselors and lawyers, and administrative workers. Social and Family Affairs Administration also established Adoption Information Management Committee, which consists of government representatives, non-governmental organization representatives and professionals.